Saturday, July 10, 2010

Bathroom cabinet

Taymor Decorative Wall Cabinet with Chrome Accents
Taymor Decorative Wall Cabinet with Chrome Accents


It would seem that one of the easiest parts of remodeling a bathroom is picking out a bathroom cabinet. A person usually has a general idea of how much space they have, and how much storage they may want in a cabinet. However, I have learned that hard way that there might just be more to this than choosing the right size and the right look. I had what I thought was a great cabinet, but I found that I could have made a better choice for my family.

I don’t like my daughter to be in our bathroom cabinet, but that doesn’t mean she won’t be. The one we have is not made for little hands, and she always has a hard time opening it. She always manages to hurt her fingers. As she gets older, she has more reason to be in the bathroom cabinet, but she still can’t open them without hurting her little hands. If you have children like I do, you want something a bit more child friendly so they can learn to open them safely.

I also learned that you want to spend money on a bathroom cabinet that you could easily fix or get replacement parts for. Our daughter opened one of the doors on ours too far, and the mirror cracked in the corner. In other cases, we might have been able to get a replacement, but that is not the case with this particular bathroom cabinet. My husband has to find a way to remove the mirror and replace it without destroying the rest of it. This could be interesting.

You may think there is no reason for your child to get into your bathroom cabinet, or to even keep anything in there, but the truth is that they will get in there if they want to. In fact, the more you forbid them to get into it, the sooner they will be climbing up to find out what is so interesting. If you have one that is safe for them and that they can use on their own (perhaps a bottom shelf) they will be less likely to have problems with it and won’t be as fascinated. Then perhaps you won’t have the same problems with it that I did. Much like anything else, if it seems like it is off limits they will be drawn to it, but if it seems like a part of everyday life, they won’t give it much thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment